Positions open in your area. Hiring immediately – Apply here
fspring-application-1-17 Please save PDF form and attach to email addressed to email@example.com
Spring Enrichment prides itself on valuing the community and being locally present while also having a global reach. Spring promises to nurture and support every life in the community, matching its vision that everyone should have the opportunity to learn and thrive. There is a consistent focus on bringing all people together, regardless of their income, background or age.
What to Expect When Interviewing
Applicants advise that the interview process is of average difficulty when interviewing with Spring Enrichment, but the interview process is viewed as extremely positive by most. Hopeful applicants can apply online, in person, through a recruiter, on campus or by an employee referral. The interview questions are primarily concerned about you, but there are also questions regarding your fit with Spring’s core goals and vision. Additionally, expect to answer questions about how you would behave in hypothetical situations that could conceivably arise during your employment with Spring Enrichment. Due to the nature of our business each applicant must pass a criminal background check before becoming employed with Spring Enrichment.
Campus Coordinator and Activities Coordinator
Functional Area: School Operations
Pay Range: $15.00 – $20.00/hour
Employment Duration: Part time
# of Hours per Week: up to 29 school year/32 summer
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated School Based SPRING Enrichment After School Program with primary concern for school year programs and/or summer programs service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
1. Support, promote, and enhance the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Spring Enrichment.
2. Establish program activities and services that prepare youth for success. Create an environment that facilitates achievement within a learning environment and enhances youth development outcomes.
3. Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained, including performance of light maintenance and cleaning.
4. Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and feedback to develop skills in program area(s) by, among other duties, personally observing activities while program is in session and providing feedback to staff.
5. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities, events conducted and grant implementation, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
6. Responsible for ensuring Spring Enrichment achieves program targets, outcomes, revenue goals, and contract obligations and maintaining positive community relations.
7. Participation in required trainings by Spring Enrichment, County, State and/or funder.
8. Responsible for monitoring staff training requirements and ensuring staff attends required trainings.
1. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate school-based programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
2. Create alignment and cohesion of academic, physical activity, enrichment, and overall social and emotional learning for youth and families in the after school program.
3. Collaborate with school leadership and staff for support and facilitate cooperation and mutual understanding of Spring Enrichment’s after school program’s goals, objectives and needs.
4. Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate overall programs that support healthy social and emotion learning development.
1. Manage after school program’s financial resources, including assisting in the development of annual budgets. Control expenditures pursuant to budget.
2. Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operations of the physical properties and equipment of SPRING. Ensure compliance with school and SPRING Enrichment policies.
3. Obtain, manage and provide professional development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
4. Conduct regular evaluations, conduct regular staff meetings and provide ongoing feedback regarding employee performance.
1. Serve as bridge builder between the regular day and after school program to promote a collaborative approach to academic and enrichment activities.
2. Develop and maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with school leadership, teachers, office personnel and other school based staff.
3. Develop academic programs to address gaps and needs of school in the after school program.
4. Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
1. Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the school and community.
2. Coordinate outside resources and experiential learning opportunities to enhance and expand programs.
3. Conduct tours and host after school program visits and/or participate in community events.
Safety and Security Responsibilities
1. Traverse perimeter of school premises to conduct security checks twice daily.
2. Respond to all safety and security issues that may arise during programs and activities.
1. Purchase or approve purchase of supplies or equipment.
2. Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
3. Exercise authority in resolving member problems relating to Spring Enrichment; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
4. Some travel and occasional weekend work.
5. Assume other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Internal: Maintain close daily contact with school/location professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains close contact with organizational Administrative team including but not limited to Director of Operations and/or Manager of Operations. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline and counsel those members.
Maintain contact with local School management as well as external community groups, parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Spring Enrichment mission.
Four year degree from an accredited college or university highly preferred.
A minimum of five years work experience in a school or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
At least 2 years of experience managing partnerships, community relations, school engagement, and facilities in a shared space context.
Knowledge of language specific to academic settings and academic focus areas and trends within Texas.
Demonstrated ability to work with families, youth, and children from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and high needs situations.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
Experience managing a staff team of five or more people.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
High level of creativity and problem solving ability.
Demonstrated examples of managing through crisis.
Proficient with using computers, including familiarity with Word and Excel and ability to utilize agency software for tracking budgets and attendance.
Ability to learn and utilize new technologies and apply technology to communications, logistics and other key job tasks.
Ability to deal effectively with members including managing discipline problems.
Working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
Skills in fund-raising events.
Knowledge and understanding of the mission, principles, objectives, policies, programs, procedures and practices of nonprofit organizations focusing on youth development services, with preference for such knowledge relating specifically to SPRING Enrichment.
Must have a valid Texas driver license (CDL may be required based on vehicle standards), and be insurable.